The Feldenkrais Method ®
Developed by Moshe Feldenkrais, an engineer and martial arts teacher, the Feldenkrais Method provides a way of learning more about how we move, think and feel, fostering our self-development, health and well-being.
It is taught in group classes called Awareness Through Movement and individual lessons called Functional Integration and uses movement to help us improve how we move in daily life, in sports or the performance arts.
In a process of exploring various movements we learn to become more aware of our individual movement and holding habits, how they help or hinder us, and can begin to find alternative, more comfortable and more efficient ways to move.
Who can benefit?
- Anyone wishing to improve how they move in daily life so everyday activities become more comfortable and easy to do.
- People who would like to improve and refine an existing skill in sports, martial arts, music, dance or drama.
- People who are recovering from an injury or are dealing with chronic pain or repetitive strain injury (RSI).
- People who are looking for help with a neurological condition such as Motor Neuron Disease, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis or Cerebral Palsy.
With the Feldenkrais Method you can learn to
- improve your balance, posture, flexibility and coordination
- enhance your breathing, vitality and well-being
- relieve chronic pain and reduce tension and stress
- find more ease in everyday activities
- improve your performance in sports, dance, music or drama